Includes certification in Expandable Baton, Handcuffing, and OC Pepper Spray
CERTIFICATION IS A FOUR-STEP PROCESS
(STEPS 1-3 must be completed BEFORE registration & course payment of $425.00.)
FINGERPRINTS ARE NO LONGER COMPLETED AT THE PSP BARRACKS
- Complete an online (Basic Applicant) application using the TACS System.
- Log in as a First Time User on the left side of the screen. If the system recognizes your information, you may be instructed to select the other option to log in with your existing profile, also on the left side of the screen.
- Once you are in the system select the Home ACT 235 button and select the Basic Training Application. Scroll down to select “Start Application”.
- Complete all required information on each screen and submit when finished. Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an automated email from Identigo / Morphotrust with instructions for scheduling your fingerprint session.
- You must be fingerprinted at one of the approved identigo / Morphotrust locations.
- The fee for this process is due at registration and is $72.60.
- FIRST, Print Physical Examination Form.
- THEN, Schedule a physical examination with your doctor, or your physician of choice. If you do not have a physician, we recommend... Dr. Joseph Kimmell Genesis Medical Associates 8150 Perry Highway Pittsburgh, PA 15237 412-364-2664
- THEN, attend your physical examination, taking the physical form with you for the doctor to complete.
- FINALLY, instruct the doctor to submit your forms within 15 days of exam date and ask for a copy of the form.
- SECOND, Print Vision Examination Form.
- Schedule a vision examination with an optometrist of your choice. Attempting to use a primary care medical doctor for your eye exam will delay processing.
- Vision Exams MUST be completed by an optometrist who is certified to conduct vision examinations. You may use any optometrist or eye care location of your choice.
- Americas Best
- Vision Works
- FIRST, Print PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAMINATION Form.
- THEN, schedule your psychological exam and MMPI testing with a psychologist of your choice. If you do not have a physician, we recommend... Dr. Heidi Mckenzie, Psychologist Integrity Psychological Services 4232 Northern Pike Suite 201, 2nd Floor Monroeville, PA 15146 412-567-8902 www.pittsburghact235.com
- THEN, attend your exam, taking the psychological evaluation form with you for the doctor to complete.
- FINALLY, instruct the doctor to submit your form within 15 days of exam date and ask for a copy of the form.
CURRENT LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER INSTRUCTIONS
ARE YOU RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT, CONSTABLE, SHERIFF, or POLICE OFFICER. Please follow the link below; you may be eligible for a waiver for ALL or SOME of your Act 235 Training.
Individuals who are currently certified in Pennsylvania or who retired with a certification in Pennsylvania as a Police Officer, Sheriff, Deputy Sheriff, Attorney General Criminal Law Agent, Constable, or other Pennsylvania law enforcement officer (excludes Corrections Officers) may be eligible for waivers and should follow this link http://www.psp.pa.gov/lethalweapons/Pages/police%20officer.aspx
Step 1: Complete an online (Basic Applicant) application using the TACS System. Log in as a First Time User on the left side of the screen. If the system recognizes your information, you may be instructed to select the other option to log in with your existing profile, also on the left side of the screen. Once you are in the system select the Home ACT 235 button and select the Basic Training Application. Scroll down to select “Start Application.” Please review the application carefully and select the appropriate waiver option before submitting your application
Step 2: Once you have been fingerprinted, please complete and submit a Police Officer Exemption to Lethal Weapons Certification Unit in addition to completing the online application in step 1. Please complete and email the exemption form to email@example.com along with any supporting documentation.
NOTIFICATION: Upon review of your application, correspondence will be sent to the address you provided notifying you of the status of your application and providing instructions for further action.
Step 3: If directed in the notification, download and print the physical examination and psychological examination forms. You are responsible for the cost of the physical and psychological examination. The physicians must be PA licensed and must submit the completed and signed forms to the Lethal Weapons Certification Unit at the address below.
Step 4: You will be emailed your approval letter to attend training. Make sure to check your junk/spam mail for the approval letter. Click the link to see a sample letter .......
FULL COURSE LETTER RENEWAL COURSE
Click HERE to register for our program once you have approval. Act 235 Registration
NOTICE REGARDING DRIVER’S LICENSE: If you do not possess a valid PA driver’s license you must, in addition to the steps above, submit two passport size photos to the Lethal Weapons Certification Unit at the address below!
NOTIFICATION: Correspondence will be sent to the EMAIL address you provide notifying you of the status of your application and providing instructions for further action.